HELICOPTER TOUR, WINE TASTING AND HISTORY
ALL IN ONE DAY!
Fly over Santiago and its modern area while gaining altitud to go to the magnificent mountains of the central Andes. See some of the most iconics peaks like cerro El Plomo and also fly over the main Chile ski centers. We will land in the Andes mountains for a little bit with the chance to see Condors, our emblematic bird and one of the biggest bird in the world, with a wingspan of almost 4 mts.
After experience the Andes we will take off and start our descend to the Maipo Valley and land in one of the oldest winery in Chile. Founded in 1880 not only will it move us to the 19th century and the history of Chilean wine, but also to the beginnings of the history of independent Chile. You will see the place and listen the story of the 120 patriots asking the owner of the winery for a place to rest, eat and heal to then keep fighting for the independence.
Also here in 1994 the Carménère variety was rediscovered after thinking that it was extinct due to a plague in the vineyards of Carménère in Europe. You will visit the stone that marks the exact site where was rediscovered. Now the Chilean Carménère is considered the best in the world.
In the winery the private tour included:
- Private guide (English and Portuguese available)
- Visit Centenario Park. 19th century park, gardens, Romans baths and chapel. Is one of the largest parks and best preserved in Central Chile.
- Visit Andino Museum. With a collection of around 3000 archeological and ethnographic artifacts created by the Pre-Columbian peoples who inhabited these lands, as well as works from the mixed cultures of Chile and Latin America.
- Wine production and production process
- Visit Vineyards
- Historic wineries
- Horse-drawn carriage ride
- Wine tasting
Wine tasting included:
- 6 different wines: 3 Ultra-Premium Santa Rita wines + 3 wines of your choice, paired with fine cheeses, nuts, and crackers, with a free souvenir wooden cheeseboard.
- Helicopter ride over Santiago and the Central Andes mountain range.
- Landing on a mountain spot
- Visit one of the oldest winery of Chile
- Story about the 120 patriots
- Story about the rediscover Carménère strain
- Visit historic cellars
- Andean Museum
|Group size||Max 8, Min 2|